To place an order:

Formerly KimCakes
To place an order, Call 817-733-1152 or email kimewells@yahoo.com

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Welcome Babies!

Lots of babies being born lately - which means lots of cupcakes and cakes being baked :-)
Here are a few of the ones I've done lately.

Vanilla Cupcakes, Vanilla Buttercream and little chocolate flower toppers - all in blue, green and pink
I found these little colored pearl candies that inspired the color choices for these cupcakes.  I just HAD to have them :)


Please forgive the terrible picture - it was late and I was too tired to stage it.
Baby Shower Cake based on the baby's bedding - all in buttercream.  I find it much more difficult when making a cake entirely out of buttercream.  I actually prefer working with fondant.

Side view of the baby bedding cake.  I had tried about 10 different designs on the side until I found the one I wanted to go with, so the white buttercream underneath got a bit messed up.  But I still think it turned out cute - those are little ladybugs made from homemade fondant.


I was pretty happy with how the flower turned out :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment